Wednesday 21 March 2012

Spring has sprung - and with it, came some great local deals!

Chirp, chirp, chirp....this is the sound I woke up to this past Saturday morning; my window was open and the fresh air and sunshine was pouring in. One would almost think my location was tropical, as it’s only mid-March; instead I am in beautiful Brockville, Ontario.

This would be enough to make many people happy and for me, the fact that it was 8:30 a.m. and my three year old was still sleeping, was icing on the cake! I heard my spouse moving around before going to check on our daughter. He quickly came back to confirm that she was indeed still in bed and had not fled the coop. Bliss.

Pitter patter, pitter patter....without missing a beat, my little princess was soon awake and we were ready to begin the day. We went through the regular morning routine and headed out the door by 10:00 a.m. not wanting to miss a minute of the sunshine.

Like most in our community, coffee is a must so we popped over to our closest Tim Hortons and grabbed some java. Windows down, we then took a short drive around our city, noting so many people out enjoying the day. One of my favourite things about Brockville is how active people are. It seems that every weekend the streets and sidewalks come alive and our community, uptown and downtown alike, just buzzes with excitement.

As we passed down King Street, my spouse noticed my grandparents car parked near one of our favourite local family hotspots- Taits Bakery. We found a parking spot and headed in to join them.

Our daughter is always excited to visit, especially the famous bakery. After hugs and kisses to “GG and Pop Pop” she headed to the display case of goodies to pick out a treat. My grandparents always insist on spoiling us! She returned with Daddy, both with smiles as big as the brownies they had picked out. A short visit later and it was time to head back out into the sun and see what was going on downtown.

With baby on the way, our first stop was the fabulous new store on Broad Street, called 'Bumble B Boutique'. It was the grand opening weekend and this new store was boasting 20 per cent off their inventory. As you approach the store, its fun and colourful sign will surely grab your attention like it did mine. I couldn’t get inside quickly enough. Upon entering, I noticed how clean, organized and friendly the atmosphere was.

Nick and I decided it would be fun for our two girls to give their new sibling a gift upon arrival. It was not our weekend with our youngest, but our oldest helped pick out an outfit from each of them.

We collected an adorable Carter’s sleeper, a striped Mexx dress, a Carter’s two piece outfit, a booster seat chair for our youngest and a new Melissa & Doug toy for our oldest. We spent just over $30 (STEAL!!) and left feeling like we could have shopped for another hour.

The deals were fantastic but the customer service was even better. The  owner was there and she could not have been more welcoming. My daughter left with a pink balloon and a huge smile (well, after a brief disagreement with Daddy over who would carry the balloon outside!). I am already planning my next trip, as this will likely be our local “go to” store for great children’s fashion and accessories. If you are interested in learning more, check out their Facebook page or follow them on Twitter at @BumbleBBoutique.

The rest of the weekend was filled with more sunshine and some quiet family time. We made a quick trip to Ottawa, hit up Costco and had a family BBQ with my parents. We are looking forward to heading out with the girls this weekend on the Brock Trail and playing at the local parks. Enjoy the sunshine Brockville!

No comments:

Post a Comment