Wednesday 9 July 2014

Smugglers Glen: Paradise in our own backyard

One of the things I love most about Social Media, is the connections you make with others. I am very loud and proud about my love for Facebook, but what you may not know about me, is that Twitter is my absolute favourite social media platform. 

Recently, I was searching Twitter for more local business owners and came across Smugglers Glen. I was drawn in by their profile picture and fun tweets! Smugglers Glen is a golf course on the 1000 Islands Parkway between Brockville, On and Gananoque, On. although I recently found out it is more than just a gold course- it's paradise in our own backyard!


Yes...THAT is the view from the stunning veranda at the clubhouse. Can you imagine teeing off there? Do you see the Adirondack chairs awaiting you? Admittedly, I am not an avid golfer, but this view alone will make me book a tee time with some friends and go back. 

Let's back up a step. Back to my love for Twitter and how it helps connect us to one another. Once I found Smugglers Glen, I started conversation with Jason Boyce, Director of Golf. We tweeted a bit about the course, golf and then we messaged about a tour. Jason was extremely welcoming and easy to chat with and by the time I had actually met him a few days later, it felt like we were old friends! 

Kim Barr, Owner of Set the Barr (Social Media Marketing) and I set off to visit the clubhouse, tour the course and chat all things golf. We immediately hit it off with Jason and of course- took a #Selfie!


This course was so elevated in places, that I was sometimes fearing for my life on that golf cart! When I wasn't breathless from the views- I was excited by the natural way the golf course was blended into the terrain and encompassed it's surroundings. The designer really knew how to show off the beauty of the 1000 Islands and still make this a challenging and fun golf course. 




I really look forward to returning this summer to play a round of golf, reconnect with my new Twitter friend Jason and trying out this course for myself. I have connected with others who have golfed here and they have sang the praises of this course! 

As a bonus- a place I didn't tour but am excited to check out- is The Glenhouse Resort, across the road. I have heard their prime rib dinner is amazing and the ambiance along the St. Lawrence River is unmatched. Perhaps a place to "stay and play" for the future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment