Thursday 28 August 2014

Let's be Earnest

As many of you know- I am a huge fan of Twitter. One of my favourite things about this social media platform is that it makes it incredibly easy to connect with local people, business and keep informed on what's going on. Recently I had the pleasure of chatting with Riverstone Gananoque and through a Twitter contest, I won tickets to their event at the 1000 Islands Playhouse. What luck!

I had heard rave reviews of "The Importance of Being Earnest" and stoked when I had won two tickets to the closing night show on Saturday evening. Riverstone Gananoque was one of the show's sponsors that evening and was hosting a pre-show cocktail hour. This was a great chance to meet with their Gananoque office team, discuss the plans for the new condos and enjoy an overall great evening. On display were photos of the site plan and various models to showcase this visually stunning development. Nick and I poured over designs and were very excited about this project.



If you're not familiar with the project, I encourage you to check out Riverstone Gananoque's website and also familiarize yourself with The Ivy Club, located in Ivy Lea of the 1000 Islands Parkway and also Gananoque's newest dining experience- Riva (which I've recently blogged about). Both these businesses are a great example of what owner, Joe Pal's completed vision looks like.The team that is bringing you Riverstone has now paired up with  Brennan Custom Homes to continue it's top quality finished product.





I've been to the 1000 Islands Playhouse three times now and each time exceeds my expectations. With a packed house, Creative Director Ashlie Corcoran let us know that "The Importance of being Earnest" has been the highest selling performance over the past five years! Now, after seeing it for myself, I can completely understand why. The characters came alive and took you on an adventure of hilarity and relationship turmoil. Every detail was perfect- including the set changes which were met with much laughter from the entire audience. Earnest was easily the best show I have seen at the playhouse yet and both Nick and I are thrilled to have had the opportunity to go.

Once the entertainment wrapped up, we headed to Riva for a quick drink with one of our good friends, MP Gord Brown. Gord has always been a champion for the town and was happy to hear of our great evening out. The atmosphere at Riva was once again welcoming and the perfect spot to share laughs and stories. If you are headed to the theatre, I recommend it for dinner prior, drinks after- or even both!

I have to say- I am extremely excited for Riverstone to break ground and become part of the Town of Gananoque. Not only will this be a magnificent place to call home - waking up every morning on the famous St.Lawrence River, but it will also increase tourism in the area, help grow the economy and truly showcase what a stunning place Gananoque truly is!

No comments:

Post a Comment