Tuesday 17 June 2014

Good Eats!

This past Father's Day weekend was exceptionally busy for my family and I. I had been planning a motorcycle show (which deserves it's own post- coming soon!) and was in serious need of down time before the big day.What does this gal do to relax before a busy day? Pack up our van and head out to find an adventure of course!

We put the kids in the car, in hopes they would doze off, leaving us to enjoy the country road drive. What happened was of course the opposite- they were wide awake and singing along to Blake Shelton with the windows down and soaking in that fresh farm air. It was then that we decided to detour over to the Northern Soul BBQ chip truck we had passed on another adventure.I was certain the chip truck was on Charleston Lake, but Nick stuck to his guns and headed down Graham Lake Road....which did eventually lead us to Northern Soul BBQ. 





There, beside the chip waggon was the coolest thing I have ever seen- the smoker. It smelled amazing and I was excited to try something (anything!) that had been cooked on it. I ordered the pulled pork poutine, Nick had a sausage with pulled pork and the girls, true to form - had hot dogs. O.M.G! Yes, I just used Facebook lingo in my blog to describe this- it was THAT good! There are no other words. 


With full bellies and sleeping children, we decided to continue our country drive and see where we ended up. By the time the girls woke up we were on the other side of Merrickville and headed near Kemptville. As The Kemptville Ribfest was on, and my bike event was cross-promoting with the wonderful fundraiser- we decided to stop in and check it out! 



My girls immediately spotted the bouncy castles and ran over. Any event with these inflatable toys are going to be a huge hit! We also made sure to check out the amazing entertainment and the stop for a pony and donkey ride on the way back. It was a short trip, as the rain was approaching but we are very happy we stopped in to check out Ribfest! This is an annual event that is a MUST on the to-do list. Brockville is hosting their Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Leeds Grenville Ribfest in August and I cant wait to spend the day there with the kids. 


It was a perfect day to relax with my family and take in some local attractions as well. When you get the chance, head out on a local road trip- you never know where it will take you or what you will find! 


No comments:

Post a Comment