Wednesday 4 July 2012

Food, wine- and family!

Congratulations to Brockville Tourism for another job well done at the Third Annual Food and Wine Festival. Held at the Memorial Center on June 22 to June 23, the venue was packed both Friday and Saturday with foodies and wine enthusiats alike.

Recently, my mother became part of a new business venture, A Mano Import inc. Currently importing wines from various Italian regions, I knew that inviting her to the Food and Wine Show would be a hit! Not knowing too much about the different varietals, I knew she would be helpful. Joined by my sister as well, we took to the show Saturday afternoon. Upon arriving, the parking lot was busy but not yet packed. We bought our tickets and headed into the arena. Greeted by the wonderful smells of dishes the food vendors were preparing and met by an array of wine booths, this festival was visually appealing.

Making our way around, we stopped to sample some local wine as well. Blue Gypsy Wines, located in Oxford Mills was one of my favorites. My sister and I both tried their cranberry wine, while my mother tasted the maple wine. We were all very impressed.Given some different ideas on what to incorporate with the cranberry, some info on the winery and just a great chat overall, I felt this company knocked it out of the park! I will be popping in to have another tasting sooner rather than later.



As we continued our way around, we noticed the Brockberry Cafe had a table that was serving an appealing dish. It was tequila-infused watermelon and herb salad. Not only was this visually stunning but in the warm temperature, the refreshing taste was just what was needed. After speaking with the Chef, I look forward to my next date night with Nick, as we will be heading downtown to the Brockberry to check out their summer menu.

As the afternoon went on, the arena continued to filled up. The temperature also continued to heat up, thus was our cue to head home and have a family dinner. It was a fabulous "girls day" with my mom and sister and an event I hope Brockville Tourism continues to do for years to come.

MORE INFORMATION

A Mano Import Inc.
www.amanoimport.com
Lori@amanoimport.com


Blue Gypsy Wines
www.bluegypsywines.com

Brockberry Cafe
www.brockberry.com
Josie@brockberry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment