Saturday 21 July 2012

You're among friends here

Every weekend, my family and I set out on a different adventure. Last weekend, it was heading to the National Arts Center in Ottawa to see "Wicked" and hosting a birthday party for our two year old. This weekend started out with a day trip to the outskirts of Cardinal where four of my favorite people live.

At 9:30 a.m. my great friend and "toddler doula", Steph pulled up out front. We had planned a fun day at the MacJoustra farm, a small oasis that our friends have recently bought. The kids were excited to run free in the country air, but I think it was us ladies who were more excited to catch up and relax.

We arrived to an array of chickens, ducks, peacocks and a bunny. The kids headed over to the ducks, then decided to go for a swim. With the sun shining down, a warm breeze and the laughter of the kids in the pool, this was the best Friday I've had in awhile. We had delicious coffee, fresh veggies and sandwiches for lunch and the house filled and then emptied with kids. The entire day seemed to fly by.

Brockville and all of the small communities around have plenty of family fun to offer, but today brought me back to the real reason I love this area; the people. Our family is surrounded by some of the nicest, funniest and most genuine people around and we are happy to call them friends. Thanks for showing a gal a fabulous Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment